Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Before and After....

So lots of things have changed since I came to Tonga. I shall share them with you, because some of them are interesting.

Before Tonga....
I couldn't stand to be in the same room as a spider. Seriously. One time I slept in my basement for three nights because I saw a tiny one crawl across my bed.
Now....
I kill giant wall spiders with my flip flop. This isn't as badass as volunteers who live in countries with poisonous spiders, but still.... big step.


Before Tonga....
I was a vegetarian for five years.
Now....
I'm not. Just devoured some barbecue. It was delicious.


Before Tonga....
I washed my hair every day.
Now....
I wash it a couple times a week. Last week, I didn't wash it for 6 days. It still looked fine (courtesy of headbands from Ms. Hannah Webb. Also, clarification- I shower, just don't wash my hair.)


Before Tonga....
I rarely drank soda.
Now....
I drink significantly more soda. It's one of my treats. Bad habit, I know.


Before Tonga....
I had two tattoos.
Now....
I have three tattoos.



I know that there are more of these, because I write them in my head pretty frequently. But now that I'm trying to actually type them up, I can't think of them! Ah! I'll try to write them down as they come up and then do another post on these before and afters.

xoxox
K

1 comment:

  1. Mom comments: There were significantly more spiders in our cellar than in Kaitlin's room, so couldn't fathom why she chose to sleep there! :)
    Remember soda bad for teeth!
    Love you and counting the days. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete